Dear Valued Customer:
Any private information collected will be used to service your loan and will not be shared with third parties, unless permitted by Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 or other applicable laws and regulations.
Internet, E-mail and Electronic Usage
Valuable and confidential information is generated and gathered during the normal course of business. It is critical that any confidential, proprietary or private information is protected; not only for our customers, but for our reputation. The integrity of this information is vital to our success and relationships. RCS commits to be compliant with all applicable regulations governing the protection of financial and private information.
What Information We Collect
Nonpublic personal information, is information about you that we obtain in connection with servicing your loan. We will collect this information in the following ways:
- Information received directly from you or representations made by you. Includes information received by mail, telephone, electronically, through the RCS website or on forms such as an application. Information may include and is not limited to your name, address, employment, income, social security number and other nonpublic information.
- Information received about your transactions with us, our business partners or others entities. We collect information about your transactions and experiences with RCS, such as a payment history or account records. If your loan was acquired from another lender or servicer, we also collect information about you from the prior lender or servicer. We may also collect information about your purchase of financial products, such as insurance through our affiliated financial service companies.
- Information received from third parties. This can include third parties such as Credit Reporting Agencies or employers. To assist us in servicing your loan, we may obtain information from consumer reporting agencies or other companies to evaluate your creditworthiness or credit history.
- Information received from other sources. Other nonaffiliated third party information may be obtained, including and not limited to verification of employment history, credit balances, property insurance coverage, property valuations, location information, demographic information or other representations made by you.
How We Protect the Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
- We limit employee access to your personal information to only those employees who have a business need for access to such information.
- Our Code of Conduct emphasizes the importance of keeping our customers' information confidential.
- We train our employees to understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We also take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
- RCS maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- To protect our customers' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidential protections. These companies limit the use of the information we provide them, and do not sell or release your information to other third parties.